Saturday, September 4, 2010

"Where are you?"

But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"  (Genesis 3:9)

God asked this question of the first man, Adam.  Of course, He already knew the answer to the question.  For God, it really was a rhetorical question.  Afterall, God is all-knowing! 

However, He asked Adam this question in order for him to think about the answer.  It was to help Adam to acknowledge his physical location.  It was also to assist Adam in seeing and knowing his sin.

He [Adam] answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."

And He [God] said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Since the beginning of time, man has pointed the finger or blamed another person for his predicament.

The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."

Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"

The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."  (Genesis 3:10-13)

God has given every man his own will to make his own choices whether good or bad. Of course, also since the creation of humankind, there have been consequences of making our own choices without God’s leadership and guidance.   

"For whatever a man sows he will also reap, because the one who sows to his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh, but the one who sows to the Spirit will reap eternal life from the Spirit."  (Galatians 6:7-8)

Therefore, the next time that God asks you this question, “Where are you?” Just be honest with Him and yourself! Acknowledge your location whether physical, spiritual, emotional, mental, or otherwise.  Realize that He loves you, and He wants to help you! Please allow Him to assist you in whatever way and in whatever area of your life!  He really does love you, and He wants the best for you!


Copyright 2010 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment