Monday, July 29, 2013

Taking the Limits Off God

God is infinite.  He is all-powerful.  He is all-knowing.  He is always present.  He is limitless.  However, people tend to limit God.  They try to limit Him anyway.  His character never changes, and He doesn't change His mind.  (Numbers 23:19)  Therefore, it is only people's perception that changes Him or their personal experience with Him. 

I came to realize awhile back that I had previously been limiting my Father God and my experience with Him for a few years in my own life.  I didn't intentionally set out or plan to do it either.  It just happened because I had already made up my mind.  I  had pre-conceived thoughts and ideas of exactly how and when I would enter my "Promised Land", the land flowing with milk and honey.  (Deuteronomy 27:3)  I expected to enter it over three years ago.  When it didn't happen then, I thought that it had just been delayed for the time being.  Then, early last year, I expected to enter my "Promised Land" going a different way and another route.  However, it didn't happen then either.  I came to realize even more that I had been limiting my Father God and my personal experience of Him. 

Therefore, I decided to take the limits off my Father God.  I don't know exactly how and when I will enter my "Promised Land", but I know that I will enter it at just the right time and in just the right way with the help of my Father God.  I may still have some thoughts or ideas of how I would like it to happen.  However, I decided that I am not going to limit my Father God with those kind of thoughts or ideas. 

I have moved on with my life as well as my relationship with my Father God.  I am sure that He knows exactly how and when it will happen.  He also knows when I am ready to enter my "Promised Land".  Until then, I am taking the limits off Him and myself.  I am trusting Him with His plans for me.  I know that He is good, and His plans for me are good.  (Jeremiah 29:11)


Copyright 2013 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment