Tuesday, November 14, 2017

God's Girl

"That's God's girl!" said a young man as I came up towards a door on crutches. I turned around and looked at him. I didn't recognize him. I didn't even know his name. Evidently, he had seen me around in the local community though. He asked about my injury. He apparently had heard through the grapevine about it. I mentioned that I was in some pain. Then, he offered to give me some medication to which I declined since I didn't personally know him. Plus, I already had some over-the-counter medication that I was using temporarily. I thanked him. He opened the door for me, and I went on my way into the lobby of a local community agency.

I was really surprised by this recent, brief encounter with a stranger near downtown in my local city. As I have had a little time to reflect back though, it occurred to me. There are people who are always watching us. They watch the way we talk to others. They watch the way we act towards others. They watch the way we interact with others. They watch us the way we live out in our local community. They watch the way we live out in this world.

Does your speech say that you are a child of God? Do your interactions with others show that you are a daughter of the King? Does your life reflect the very life of Jesus Christ?

"For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing." (2 Corinthians 2:15, NKJV)

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20, NKJV)


Copyright 2017 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reminder that people are always watching. I love being reminding that we are His fragrance:-)

    ReplyDelete