Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Believing God

What do you believe God for which will come to pass in your life?  I believe Him for His purpose and plan to be accomplished in my life personally and professionally (See Jeremiah 29:11-13).

Unfortunately, I am still waiting on the physical manifestations in this natural world.  I am doing what I know to do for now.  Over the course of this time, I have been taking little steps here and there in different areas of my life.  As joint heirs with God and co-heirs with Jesus, I am reminded that we have to do our part (See Romans 8:17).  His good, perfect, pleasing will does not happen automatically (See Romans 12:2).  It certainly does not happen overnight.  I can definitely testify to it now.

It has been more than three years, since I ventured out of my home state on this part of my faith journey.  It was definitely a huge leap of faith on my part.  I had never lived in another state by myself away from my immediate family before.  Way back in the latter part of 2009, I believed God for the physical manifestations of His perfect will.  I had been seeking Him for some time (See Matthew 6:33).  He had put it on my mind and heart to relocate to North Carolina from Tennessee.  I knew that part of His purpose and plan was located in the state of North Carolina.  In order to fulfill it, I went in search of my Promise Land.

My Father had spoken to me about it beforehand.  He told me that “everything would be provided” for me.  I did not expect to have so many obstacles or problems along the way to my Promise Land.  Looking back now, I should have expected it though.  Anytime that we really want to do our Father’s will, the devil will try to hinder or prevent us from doing it.  However, my Father has been faithful.  He has showed up and showed out many times for me.  I have experienced much more of His provision and blessing during these times.  My eyes have been more opened to Him and His work in my life.  I have learned to depend on Him even more during this part of my journey.

It has not turned out exactly the way I had expected or hoped at that time.  Nevertheless, I am still here in North Carolina.  I still believe my Father is taking me closer every day to my Promise Land.  It is just taking longer than I thought it would take initially.  I know even more now that His timing is not always our timing.  What is it?  God’s one day is like a thousand days?  Whatever the rule of time, I am still standing on His word and believing for His promises to come to pass in my life.  In the meantime, He is molding me and making me more into the person that He created me to be for Him, His purpose, and His plan for me (See Jeremiah 29:11-13).

Before this part of my faith journey, I believed that I was a strong person.  Now, I am even stronger.  Knowing what I know now, I cannot say that I would do it all again the same way.  However, I know that I am a better person for having gone through the testing period with all of its trials (See James 1:2-4).


Copyright 2020 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment