Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Life Giver

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy…” (John 10:10a, NIV)

This reference from scripture is so true. I have personally witnessed it. In fact, a few years ago, I spoke to a man who shared with me his thoughts to hurt himself or someone else.

I have to admit now that I really did not know what to say or what to do with the information that the man decided to share with me. However, I know that the Holy Spirit helped me to minister to him. The Holy Spirit led me into what to say to this man. I began actively listening to him. I started asking him questions as he spoke to me about cutting himself. He proceeded to talk about buying some alcohol and drugs to dull the pain. I asked him the reason for wanting to do it. By asking him questions, I think that it gave him something to think about as well.

My Father placed me in this man’s life that day to speak to him about God, Jesus, and life. He gave me the opportunity to tell this man that God loved him. It was an opportunity to plant good and positive seeds into this man’s life. It was an opportunity to tell him that God created him for a reason and a purpose.

“…I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10b, NIV)

Copyright 2020 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment