Thursday, January 26, 2012

What Are You Sowing?

What are you sowing? Are you sowing good seed or bad seed? It is either one or the other.

When you sow good seed into good ground, you produce a good crop. When you sow bad seed into bad ground, you get a bad crop.

It is also like that in our lives. We can either sow good seed or bad seed with our words, our mindsets, our attitudes, our behavior, and our actions.

In either case, it takes time for the harvest to come into our lives. However, we reap what we sow whether good or bad.

My Father confirms it in His word when He says, “A man reaps what he sows.” (Gal 6:7b, NIV)

I know it to be true too. I have seen it in other people and in their lives. I have also experienced it at times myself.

He goes on to say that “Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction...” (Gal 6:8a, NIV)

Have you ever sown to please your flesh? I know that I have sown to my flesh before. Unfortunately, I am sure that we all have at one time or another. I can testify now that, for me, it was not a pleasant time either. I was in a really bad, unwise, and unhealthy relationship which also ended very poorly. I definitely reaped an extremely bad harvest from sowing bad seed and being in that awfully destructive relationship. Still, my Father has used that previous relationship as a difficult, learning experience for me.

Have you ever sown to please your Spirit? There have been, at least, a few times that I can recall now which I would say, “Yes! I sowed good seed, and it pleased my Spirit!” It is those times when I have experienced more of the eternal life from obeying the Spirit. Those are the times that I choose to remember more. I believe those are the times that our Father God would have us to remember more as well. Though, we can learn from all of our experiences.

Our Father also talks about reaping the good rewards of sowing to our Spirit.

“…whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” (Gal 6:8b, NIV)

When I have sowed good seed and obeyed my Spirit, I have reaped a good harvest…eternal life...a true peace and calmness within me…in my Spirit.

Of course, we may not always be able to see the good harvest in a person or in their life right away. Sometimes, the harvest takes more time than other times to show up.

However, our Father tells us this, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” (Gal 6:9, NIV)

Therefore, when we sow the good seed and obey our Spirit, we definitely will reap a good and fruitful harvest in due season. Our Father assures us of it. We can rest in Him knowing that He is always true and faithful to His word. (Num 23:19)


Copyright 2012 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your site. Great thoughts. I look forward to following you.

    www.merriehansen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your feedback and comments. Thanks, Merrie! God bless you! (2 Cor 9:8)

    ReplyDelete