Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Mystery of God

I often hear or read somewhere about the mystery of God. However, the word mystery does not accurately describe my God.

According to Dictionary.com, mystery is defined as 'anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown'. Another partial definition of mystery is obscure or puzzling. To me, those two definitions do not describe God at all. How about you?

Perhaps, the people who are describing God as a mystery do not really know Him. People can know of Him but not know Him. There is a difference. You know people by being in relationship with them. The same is true with God. You must be in a close relationship with the Father to know Him truly. (Joshua 1:8) Another possibility is people are trying to figure God out according to their own human thoughts and ways. Of course, that is not possible.

God's word specifically tells us, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9, NIV)

Therefore, do not try to figure God out by human standards. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to know Him deeply according to His higher thoughts and ways.

God does not have to be a mystery to you! You can really know Him and His ways! God is not a mystery to me! He is all-powerful! He is all-knowing! He is Almighty! He is love! (1 John 4:8)

Most of all, He is my Father!

What word would you use to describe God?


Copyright 2012 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dawn, I'm hoping to meet you at She Speaks... I know God will provide the money, that won't be hard for Him. :) The name that is coming to my mind right now for God is, "gentleman". He's so patient and gracious with me. Never pushing me into anything I'm not ready for but inviting me instead! I love Him! -Blessings sister, Amy Alves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy!

    Yes, God certainly is a 'gentleman'. He lovingly nudges and prods us along the path He has laid out for us. I also love Him! He is sooo good to me! Hope to meet you at She Speaks, Amy! Thanks for the support and encouragement! May God bless you abundantly! (2 Cor 9:8)

    In His Love,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete