Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Freed From the Law

I don't know about you, but I am really tired of the law.  Looking back over the last few years, I have come to realize the numerous times that people have tried to put me 'under the law'.  I have also realized some of the times that I have put myself 'under the law'.

Unfortunately, when we lack knowledge, it can be to the detriment of ourselves and others.  "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..."  (Hosea 4:6a, NKJV)

Thankfully, my Father God, has opened my spiritual eyes of understanding and enlightened me even more recently with more knowledge and revelation.  (Ephesians 1:17-23)

Once you have accepted Jesus into your heart and made Him Lord of your life, you have the fullness of Him living on the inside of you.  You don't need anyone giving you rules and regulations nor telling you what to do and not do.  (Colossians 2:6-12, 20-23

God has made us dead to sin and alive with Christ.  (Romans 6; Ephesians 2:1-10; Colossians 2:13)  Baptism by water immersion is a great picture of us being buried with Christ and raised to new life---His life. 

"Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.  So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.  Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian."  (Galatians 3:23-25, NIV)

Too many times, members of the body of Christ are still living like they are 'under the law'.  Perhaps, unbeknownst to them.  However, they are in bondage. 

Jesus freed us from the written code of the law.  "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."  (John 8:36, NIV)  We are redeemed from the law.  Jesus is the fulfillment of the law.  (Matthew 5:17)  We are under grace.  The life we now live, we live by faith in the Son---Jesus.  (Galatians 3:11-14)



Copyright 2014 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment