Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Overcoming Fear

"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe." (Prov 29:25, NIV)

Lately, I have been thinking more about this particular scripture verse. At this specific time in my life, my Father has been speaking to me more about the topic of ‘fear’. I know that it is not good to live in fear for any reason or for any amount of time. I certainly do not want any part of fear in me or in my life. I know that fear is not of God. How do I know? Well, my Father says so! Not only that, He says it numerous times throughout His Word. Here are just a few of those times.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10, NIV)

“For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” (Isaiah 41:13, NIV)

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats ; do not be frightened.” (1 Peter 3:14, NIV)

Therefore, I know that fear normally comes from the enemy who tries to hinder us or prevent us from doing what God wants us to do for Him, His purpose, and His plan. (Romans 8:28, Jeremiah 29:11) More than once, I have been reminded that the word ‘FEAR’ stands for ‘False Evidence Appearing Real’. In addition, fear is the opposite of faith. If we are in fear, then we are not in faith. Fear negates faith!

As a person of faith, I am an overcomer! (Romans 8:37) Therefore, I am determined to overcome any fear. How do I do it? First, I have to continue renewing my mind in my Father’s word. (Romans 12:2) As I am reminded, faith comes by hearing the word of God. (Romans 10:17). It helps to not only read and study His word in order to build up my faith but also to speak out His word and hear His word out loud. That seems simple enough, but now I have to put it into action.

What about you? Will you join me?



Copyright 2012 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment