Monday, July 6, 2020

A Good Father

I recently asked a housekeeper at a hotel for a couple of extra hand towels, since there was a leak in the bathroom near the front of the bathtub.  At first, he brought me a large blue towel and asked me if it would work for me.  I told him, "No!"  I asked him to get a couple of dish towels if he couldn't find hand towels.  When he came back to my door, he passed me through the cracked door what appeared to be a blue hand towel.  However, after he left my doorway, I realized that he brought me three blue hand rags which he had been holding all folded up together.




God tells us in His word what it means when you ask for one item and you get another item instead.

"If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" (Luke 11:11-13, NKJV)

Some people are wrong in their head and heart.  This particular incident reminded me though that God is not like those people at all.  He brought the above scripture to my mind then.

He calls people who give or bring us different items than what we ask for --- evil.  He goes on to say how a good father gives good gifts to his children.  Then, how much more would He give good gifts to the ones who ask Him?

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" (Luke 11:13, NKJV)

God is a good Father who knows how to give good gifts to His children!

Later the next day, another staff member not only brought me extra hand towels as I had originally asked but also extra hand rags.  My Father is really good!  He gives abundantly more than we ask and imagine according to His power within us (See Ephesians 3:20).





Copyright 2020 by Dawn Freeman. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment