Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I See Dead People!



The video clip that you just saw was from the movie The Sixth Sense.  Bruce Willis portrayed one of the main characters, Dr. Malcolm Crowe.  Haley Joel Osment, portrayed another main character who was the doctor's young patient.

The young patient told the doctor his secret that "I see dead people!"

I will let you in on a little secret of mine.  I see dead people!  However, it is not the kind of dead people that the young character saw in this movie.  He saw physically dead people!

I see spiritually dead people!  Perhaps, I should say those people who act like they are spiritually dead.  It is not people that you would think either.  It is born-again believers!  Children of God!  Disciples of Jesus Christ!  It is happening in the body of Christ.  The people who are not spiritually dead, but they are acting like it. 

Knowingly and willfully sinning against God!  Continuing in sin!  Acting spiritually dead!

God's word specifically says that Jesus "died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again."  (2 Cor 5:15, NIV) 

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"  (2 Cor 5:17, NIV)

Why are God's people acting the old creation?  Why is the body of Jesus Christ acting like the rest of this world?

Do you not know that you are a new creation?  Have you not truly received God's truth?

I really do not understand it.  I do not like it either.

We are set apart from this world!  We are salt and light!  (Matt 5:13-16)  We are more than conquerors!  (Rom 8:37)

I want to be able to see and say that "I see alive people!"  People who are spiritually alive!  People who act spiritually alive!  People who are living out God's word...His truth!

Please receive His word...His truth!  Then, walk it out in your life!  (2 Cor 5:7)


Copyright 2012 by Dawn Freeman. All rights reserved.

2 comments: